We and Subaru Canada, Inc. (“SCI”), the distributor of Subaru brand vehicles in Canada, necessarily share your information with each other in order to provide you with Subaru vehicles, products and services and to ensure your entire Subaru experience, from start to finish, is seamless.
|HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
|THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
|We collect non-personally identifiable data any time you visit our website (including your IP address and the general geographic location associated with your IP address known as IP geolocation) and identifiable information you voluntarily provide to us (i.e. name, email address, etc.).
|HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
|We primarily use the information to provide you with a more relevant experience on our website. This may include delivering content relevant to your interests and geographic location.
|HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
|We share personal information with Subaru Canada, Inc. and other entities within the Subaru family, our other business partners, and our service providers.
|HOW WE SAFEGUARD PERSONAL INFORMATION
|We use reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures to safeguard your information.
|WHERE WE STORE / TRANSFER PERSONAL INFORMATION
|We transfer your information for processing and storage to countries outside of Canada including the U.S. Your information may be accessible to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts, and national security authorities of the foreign jurisdiction.
|RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
|We keep your information for so long as we need to fulfill our purposes.
|We make reasonable efforts to ensure the information we have about you is accurate.
|ACCESS & CORRECTION
|You have the right to request access to the information we have about you and to correct any inaccuracies.
|You have the right to challenge our compliance with applicable privacy laws.
|This website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites.
|Please do not disclose or reveal any password you create for this website to anyone.
|Our website may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to you. Any information you provide in these forums will become public.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also receive information about you from third party sources. We will ask any provider of such information to confirm that the information may be disclosed to us in accordance with all applicable laws.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of information:
- Non-Personally Identifiable Data: Anytime you visit our website, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access our site. This information may include your IP address and the general geographic location associated with your IP address (known as IP geolocation), information about your computer or mobile device such as the device type and browser version, your service provider, and any search engine you may have used to locate the site. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the website, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, we gather certain navigational information about where you go on our website. This information enables us to determine which areas of the website are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the sites to the needs and interests of our online visitors. Such information is gathered by us in the aggregate and will not be associated with a specific individual without that individual’s consent.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us: Any information you provide to us (i.e. name, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.) when you enroll in one of our e-mail reminder services, request information, or use any of the other interactive portions of our website including reserving a vehicle online. We use this information to respond to your inquiry or request about our company, products or services, or to provide you with special notices.
We limit the amount and type of information we collect to what we need. We do not target or knowingly collect any information from children or persons under the age of majority.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the information collected online as follows:
- Primarily to provide you with a more relevant experience on our website. This may include providing you with content that is relevant to your interests and geographic region.
- To measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- For the other purposes described in the section above.
- As required or permitted by applicable law.
We use Google Analytics to create reports and statistics on visits to the website. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes your data, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites and apps”.
You may disable cookies in your browser settings and clear your cache of previously installed cookies. However, if you disable cookies, the website may not function properly, and your online experience may be negatively affected. In addition to disabling cookies, you may also install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add on, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits.
Please note that if you opt out of certain kinds of advertising, you will continue to receive non-customized advertisements and you may continue to receive customized advertisements from parties that do not participate in the opt out programs.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information as follows:
- Business Partners: Our dealership may partner with select retailers and other organizations at various times to provide expanded services to you. As part of such a relationship, we may share your information with these select parties.
- Service Providers / Agents: Our dealership may use other organizations to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services and running special promotions.
- Business Transfers: In the event that our dealership sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of our dealership are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
- Compliance with Law / Safety: Our dealership may disclose certain personal information based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our website, the site itself, or the public.
Other than as described above, we do not sell, rent, or trade consumer information without your consent.
HOW WE SAFEGUARD PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our dealership uses reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us (e.g. data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access).
Any information you provide to us (i.e. name, e-mail address, etc.) when you enroll in one of our e-mail reminder services, request information, or use any of the other interactive portions of our website, is securely maintained on our web server and internal systems.
WHERE WE STORE / TRANSFER PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our dealership transfers your personal information for processing and storage to countries outside of Canada including the U.S. We use contractual or other means to ensure the information is protected while in the foreign country however, your personal information may be still accessible to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts, and national security authorities of the foreign country.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our dealership retains your personal information for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for except as required by applicable law.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the information we have about you is accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for our uses (including information that we disclose to third parties) and to minimize the possibility that we use inaccurate information to make a decision about you.
ACCESS & CORRECTION
You have the right to request access to the information our dealership has about you and to request supporting information explaining how the personal information is used and disclosed. You also have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information about you. To do so, please contact us as set out below.
You have the right to challenge our dealership’s compliance with applicable privacy laws and we will investigate all written complaints. To do so, please contact us as set out below.
The personal data record created through your registration with our website can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
Our website may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
6863 50 Ave,
Red Deer, AB, T4N 4E2
Attention: Privacy Officer